Amazon RDS - Management/Monitoring/Alerting
- Manage DB instances.
- Manage DB parameter groups for configuring your database.
- Manage DB security authorizations.
- Manage DB snapshots and restoration of new DBs.
- View all DB events logged by RDS.
- View pending changes to your databases.
- Monitor your databases by setting thresholds and getting alerts when they are triggered - email, twitter, jabber and voice.
- Easily view and zoom into your DB cloud watch metrics to look at the data you want.
Spanning Multiple Availability Zones with Auto Scaling Groups
AWS released a nice little feature last week that did not seem to get much attention or fanfare on the internet. EC2 auto scaling groups can now span across multiple availability zones. This enables some additional niftiness for your EC2 fleet:
- High availability by balancing a group of auto scaled EC2 instances spread across multiple Availability Zones.
- Avoid insufficient capacity errors automatically by letting AWS rebalance your autoscaling group in an availability zone with capacity.
- You can create auto scaling groups which span multiple zones.
- You can expand your existing auto scaling groups to additional zones.
Scheduling Tasks on the AWS Cloud
Ylastic now has a simple way for you to schedule tasks on AWS. Pick a task and specify how you would like it scheduled:
- At a certain time : Lets you run a task once at a specified time, for instance October 31, 10:00.
- Every so often : Lets you run a task forever at the specified time interval, for instance every 30 minutes, 2 hours or 10 days.
- Launch an instance from a launch configuration.
- Snapshot EBS volumes.
Sharing and Unsharing EBS Snapshots
Tired of typing in AWS account numbers when sharing your EBS snapshots? Looking for a clean interface that gives you all the information about your snapshots without tying yourself into knots? Want an easier way to share/unshare EBS snapshots with other users? Finding it hard to differentiate between your private and shared snapshots? Ylastic now supports an easy to use interface for sharing snapshots in both EU and US regions. You can setup easy to remember aliases for AWS accounts and then use them when sharing and unsharing snapshots. You can also view, search and create volumes from public datasets.